1. Transferring your Beta over to DVD
2. Technical support for your Beta VCR
3. Splicing of video tape
electronics on circuit boards
5. Specks in playback picture
6. How to tell if tape is wearing out?
7. How long do tapes last?
8. Who makes the best tape?
9. Should video heads be demagnetized
10. What is the best recording speed
11. Beta shuts down
12. Beta stops and tape spills from cassette
13. Who made Beta VCRs?
14. Picture goes blank and no sound
15. ED Beta color noise
16. Vertical bars in picture of the SL-HF2100
17. Unstable playback picture
18. Changing pitch in audio
19. Power but no operation
20. Why no 25th Anniversay Beta?
21. Why are there no more Beta machines?
22. Why VHS over Beta?
23. Tape ejects right after insertion
24. Cassette gets cocked on insertion
25. Rewinding tape stops prematurely
26. How to prolong life of Beta
27. Where to get Beta machines
28. Cleaning cassettes
29. Beta Bx1 speed recorders
30. Pulse in playback picture
31.Capstan out of control
32. Ranking the Beta format manufacturers
33. What were the first home video formats?
34. How many changers?
35. Betahi-fi adapters
36. Tracking has no effect
37. EDC-55 opens then closes lens iris when turned on
38. Noise in picture during pause
39. What does a framing servo do?
40. Noise bar in playback picture
41. Turns only off and on but no other operation
42. Changer for the SL-2700
43. Dim display in the SL-HF900
44. Using the Sony SL-HF900 for creating animation
45. SL-HF360 locks up after inserting cassette
46. World TV standards and Beta storage
47. Most difficult to work on Beta
48. Interference in picture
49. Special plug in back of some Beta VCRs
50. The video jukeboxes
51. GCS-50 andSL-HF1000 comparison
52. Item pricing
53. Switch for clock frequency setting
54. Refurbishing Beta VCRs
55. Repairing a VHS recorder
56. Is the Sony name an acronym?
57. Clock date expires on the SL-HF2100
58. In which years were each Beta models made?
59. What does the name Beta mean?
60. The tape recording time dilemma
61. Improved dubbing by using S-Video connectors
62. Dangers of static electricity
63. Adjusting a Betamovie
64. Thinner tapes damage easier
65. What is micro timing-phase editing?
66. What are pre-roll, insert edits, etc.?
67. Is HDTV compatible with my Betamax?
68. What is edit preview?
69. What is a field?
70. What causes picture noise when tranferring film to video?
71. Which was the most popular Beta model made?
72. Why are Beta machines noisy?
73. Why is picture frozen on digital VCR?
74. Does using the SL-HF900 tuner only for TV stations harm it?
75. Do you own a dog named Max?
76. Is Vidimagic only model?
77. Specks in picture from time to time
78. No color
79. Best Betas ever made
80. Pulsing clock display
81. Beta model numbering system
82. What does Sanyo B-Cord mean?
83. Shutdown after difficulty threading
84. Regular and SuperBeta compatibility
85. Unit only runs in reverse
86. What is the DOC circuit?
87. What does PCM do?
88. What is a time-lapse Beta recorder?
89. Can tapes with mold in them be safely played back?
90. Can I put a cover on my VCR to protect it from dust and dirt?
91. How can I tell when my cleaning cassette is worn out?
92. Pictured scrambled and audio is high pitched
93. Can NTSC 4.43 tapes be played in NTSC 3.58 recorder?
94. How does a pinch roller get dirty?
95. How are the Betamax and Betacam formats different?
96. What are multi-format Betas?
Take the trivia quiz.